Securities Market Certification Examination Overview
A variant of the secondary market is the forward market, where securities are traded for future delivery and payment. … (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) provide trading in the equity futures & options in India.
What are the course objectives?
The three core objectives of securities regulation are:
The protection of investors; Ensuring that markets are fair, efficient and transparent; The reduction of systemic risk.
Course Fees ?
Name of Module: NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination
|Fees (Rs.)||Test Duration (in minutes)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Pass Marks (%)||Certificate # Validity (in years)|
+: Inclusive of Service tax. Payment Gateway Charges extra.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/ updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.
Benefits from this Course ?
The Advantages of Investing in a Securities Market vs. a Savings Account. … Investing in a securities market, also called investing in stocks and bonds, is one of the primary ways to build wealth through capital appreciation — an increase in the securities’ value over time.
A bond, sometimes called a debenture, is a debt instrument, which is a promise to repay a debt. Stocks and bonds are traded on markets. A securities market is a market where securities are traded either on physical or electronic exchanges. Securities markets are generally divided between stock markets and bond markets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can take NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination?
NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination is for entry level professionals, who wish to make a career in the securities markets. This certification examination will also be useful to all those individuals who are interested in acquiring a basic knowledge of the Indian Securities markets, including:
- Entry level professionals in the securities markets
- Employees of intermediaries functioning in the securities industry
- Professionals in other industries interested in gaining knowledge of the securities markets
How can I register for NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination?
Candidates can register with any of the following Test Administrators.
1. National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) https://certifications.nism.ac.in/nismaol/
For registrations candidates may visit any of the above websites.
After successful registration, candidates may select a test center, date and time slot of their choice on the Test Administrator website. Candidates are required to follow further instructions available on the Test Administrator websites.
What is the fee structure?
The fees for “NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination ” is Rupees One Thousand Seven Hundred Ten only (Rs. 1710/-), inclusive of service taxes.
Our Training Features
Top Notch Faculty
Free Demo For beginners
CHAPTER-1: Introduction to Indian Securities Markets
- Understand the meaning of securities and key function of securities markets participants
- Know the structure of securities markets and role of its participants
- Understand the role of securities markets as allocators of capital
CHAPTER-2: Securities: Types, Features and Concepts
- Know the difference between equity and debt securities
- Understand the features of equity capital
- Understand the features of debt capital
- Know the factors that influence the choice between equity and debt capital for issuers
- List the various aspects of investing in equity
- Understand the concepts and elements of financial analysis and valuation
- Know commonly used terms in equity investing
- Know the risk and return from investing in equity
- Understand the basic features of debt instrument
- Know the types and structure of debt instruments
- Understand concepts and terms relating to debt securities
- Know the benefits and risks of investing in debt securities
- List the factors that influence the choice between equity and debt for investors
- Understand the concepts of hybrid instruments and their features
CHAPTER-3: Primary Markets
- Understand the nature and functions of the primary market
- Know the difference between various types of public issues
- List the categories of issuers in the primary markets
- Know the regulatory framework for primary markets
- List the types of investors in the primary markets
- Understand the types of public issues of equity shares
- Know the pricing process in a public issue of shares
- Understand the public issue process
- List the features of a prospectus
- Understand the process of applying to a public issue
- Understand the process of listing of public issues
- Understand the process of rights issues in equity
- Understand the process and concepts in public issue of debt securities
- Know the private placement process in equity and debt
CHAPTER-4: Secondary Markets
- Know the role and functions of the secondary markets
- Know the market structure and participants in the secondary markets
- Know the role of brokers and processes for client acquisition
- Understand the process of trade execution in the secondary market
- Understand the process of trade settlement
- Understand the market information available
- Understand the risk management systems for secondary markets
- List the rights, obligations and grievance redressal mechanism for investors in secondary markets
CHAPTER-5: Mutual Funds
- Understand the meaning and features of a mutual fund
- Know the key terms and concepts associated with mutual funds
- Understand the functioning of a mutual fund
- Know the regulatory framework for mutual funds
- Know the difference between various types of fund products
- Know the processes associated with investing in mutual funds
- Understand the uses and process of conducting systematic transactions
- Know the usage of information available on mutual funds
- List the costs and benefits of investing in mutual funds
CHAPTER-6: Derivatives Markets
- Understand the derivative products
- Understand the key concepts with regard to derivatives
- Know the types of derivative products and their features
- Know the structure of the derivative markets
- Understand the trading and settlement of derivatives
- Know the regulatory and risk management process for derivatives
- Understand the use of derivatives in speculation, hedging and risk management
- Know the costs, benefits and risks of derivatives
- Understand the key derivative market indicators
CHAPTER-7: Financial Planning and Securities Markets
- Know the financial planning framework for investing in securities
- Understand the steps in financial planning
- Understand the asset allocation process and diversification
- Understand the allocation of securities in the financial planning process