Mutual Funds Overview
Mutual funds have become a much sought after investment product in recent years. This course demystifies the concept of mutual funds and helps create awareness and knowledge about the industry and its functioning.
Who will benefit Mutual Funds course?
- Financial planners
- Equity researchers
- Anybody having interest in the Indian mutual fund industry
Why should one take this course?
- To understand the concept of mutual funds.
- To know about the roles of different players viz., custodians, asset management companies, sponsor etc. in the mutual fund industry.
- To learn about the tax and regulatory issues related to mutual funds.
- To understand the fundamentals of net asset value (NAV) computation and various investment plans.
Mutual Funds Fees
Module Fees GST @ 18% Total Fees 1700 306 2006
Total Fees : Rs.2006/- (Rupees Two Thousand and Six Only). inclusive of GST.
What is a ‘Mutual Fund’ A mutual fund is an investment vehicle made up of a pool of funds collected from many investors for the purpose of investing in securities such as stocks, bonds, money market instruments and similar assets.
Our Training Features
Top Notch Faculty
Free Demo For beginners
Mutual Funds Syllabus
CHAPTER 1: Mutual Funds
- Concept and structure of mutual funds in India;
- Role of custodian;
- Registrar and transfer agent;
- New fund offer’s & procedure for investing in NFO;
- Investor’s rights and o obligations.
CHAPTER: 2 Mutual Fund Products and Features
- Concept of open ended and closed ended fund;
- Types of funds – equity,
- Diversified large cap funds,
- Midcap fund,
- Sector fund and other equity schemes;
- Concept of entry and exit load;
- Expense ratio;
- Portfolio turnover;
- Analysis of cash level in a portfolio.
CHAPTER 3: Gold ETFs
- Introduction to exchange traded funds;
- Market making by authorized participants;
- Creation units;
- Portfolio deposit and cash component
CHAPTER 4: Debt Funds
- Salient features of debt fund;
- Concept of interest rate and credit risk;
- Pricing of the debt instrument.
CHAPTER 5: Liquid Funds
- Salient features of liquid funds
- Floating rate scheme and portfolio churning in liquid funds.
CHAPTER 6: Taxation
- Taxation of capital gains;
- Indexation benefit and FMP.
CHAPTER 7: Regulations
- Role and objectives of AMFI
- Different types of plans
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP);
- Transfer Plan (STP) and Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP)
- Dividend payout.