Securities Operations and Risk Management Certification Examination Overview
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark as the requisite standard for associated persons of a registered stockbroker / trading member / clearing member in recognized stock exchanges, involved in (a) assets or funds of investor or clients (b) redressal of investor grievances, (c) internal control or risk management and (d) activities having a bearing on operational risk.
What are the course objectives?
- Know the basics of the Indian securities market, the different products traded and the various market participants and the respective roles they play in the Indian securities market.
- Understand the regulatory framework and the role of the Securities Exchange Board of India.
- Know the various functions of the Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office in a Securities Broking Firm.
- Understand the trade life cycle, the steps and participants involved in the trade life cycle and the role of the back office in a securities broking firm.
- Understand how the risks are managed in a securities broking firm, the clearing, and settlement process.
- Understand the process of investor grievances redressal.
Course Fees ?
Name of Module: NISM-Series-VII: Securities Operations and Risk Management Certification Examination
|Fees (Rs.)||Test Duration (in minutes)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Pass Marks* (%)||Certificate # Validity (in years)|
* Negative marking – 25% of the marks assigned to the question.
+ Payment gateway charges extra.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/ updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.
Who will Benefit from this Course ?
- Entry level professionals in the securities markets
- Employees of intermediaries functioning in the securities industry
- Professionals in other industries interested in gaining knowledge of the securities markets
The purpose of this exam is to impart basic knowledge of the Indian securities markets to the participants and related rules and regulations.
Our Training Features
Top Notch Faculty
Free Demo For beginners
CHAPTER-1: Introduction to the Securities Market
- Indian securities markets and its role in Indian econo
- Structure of Securities market
- Money market and its key features
- Products traded in the securities market
CHAPTER-2: Market Participants in the Securities Market
- Types of investors
- Regulators and regulatory framework
CHAPTER-3: Introduction to the Securities Broking Operations
- Trade life cycle
- Front office operations
- Client on-boarding and registration
- Unique Client Code
- Order management
- Order routing through the exchange
- Execution of trade
- Risk management practices
- Surveillance mechanism
- Back-office operations
- Trade enrichment
- Trade allocation
- Trade confirmation/modification
- Clearing and settlement
- Information technology
- Regulatory compliances
CHAPTER-4: Risk Management
- Risk Management practices
- Capital adequacy requirements
- Client account control
- Margin requirements
- Compliances and regulatory reporting
CHAPTER-5: Clearing Process
- Clearing process
- Role of clearing agency in clearing of trades
- Role of clearing banks in clearing of trades
- Role of clearing members / Custodians in clearing of trades
- Role of depositories and depository participants in clearing of trades
- Clearing process for equities trading
- Clearing process for derivatives trading
CHAPTER-6: Settlement Process
- Settlement cycle
- Settlement of Internet based trading and order placed on phone
- Settlement of funds
- Settlement of securities
- Corporate actions adjustment
- Auction of securities
CHAPTER-7: Investor Grievances and Arbitration
- Redressal of investor grievance
- Procedure of arbitration
- Role of appellate arbitration
CHAPTER-8: Other Services Provided by Brokers
- Services provided by brokers
- IPO applications
- Collection of IPO application forms
- ASBA facility
- Mutual fund trading through stock exchange
- Portfolio management services provided by brokers
- Research reports
- Depository services
- Margin trading