Retirement Adviser Certification Examination Overview
Changing legislation, challenging economic conditions and longer lifespans, all mean that The Retirement Adviser’s specialized advice can help minimize risk and ensure you are fulfilling all regulatory requirements as a trustee.
We provide consultancy services to help with governance, profiling, future strategies, and efficiency. This can cover everything from individual member advice through to investment advice and liability management.
What are the course objectives?
- Know the fundamental concepts in Retirement Planning and the various investment products
- Learn about the Retirement Planning Process
- Understand the features and benefits of National Pension System.
- Know the various evaluation tools and fund selection.
- Understand the strategies useful to investors in executing their retirement plan.
- Know the implications of specific situations of retirement planning and the ways to manage them.
- Know about regulatory structure and regulations which govern the activities of the retirement adviser
Course Fees ?
Name of Examination: NISM-Series-XVII: Retirement Adviser Certification Examination
|Fees (Rs.)||Test Duration (in minutes)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Pass Marks* (%)||Certificate Validity (in years)#|
* Negative marking – 25% of the marks assigned to the question.
+ Payment gateway charges extra.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.
Benefits from this Course ?
- State Pension
- Pension Credit
- Help with Council Tax
- Help with heating costs
- Health benefits
- Travel and TV benefits
- Benefits for war pensioners and widows
- Use an online benefit calculator
This Examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for individuals, proprietors, partners and representatives of a retirement adviser registered under PFRDA (Retirement Adviser) Regulations, 2016. The certification aims to enhance the quality of services provided by retirement adviser in the financial services industry.
Our Training Features
Top Notch Faculty
Free Demo For beginners
Chapter – I : Fundamental Concepts in Retirement Planning
- Need for Retirement Planning
- Basic financial concepts associated with retirement planning
- Features of the retirement goal
- Advantages and importance of starting retirement savings early
- Risk of Underestimating Retirement Goals
- Emotional Aspects of Retirement
Chapter – 2 : Financial Markets and Investment Products
- Need for Making Investments to Reach Retirement Goals
- Difference between Savings and Investments
- Asset Class and Sub-Asset Classes
- Features of Different Asset Classes
- Asset Class Returns
- Common Risks in Investments
- Matching Investor Needs to Asset Class Features
- Impact of Macro-Economic Factors on Asset Classes
- Asset Allocation
- Financial System and Investment Products
Chapter – 3 : Retirement Planning
- Evaluate Client’s Current Situation
- Learn the Process of Setting the Retirement Goal
- Investing for Accumulation
- Post-retirement Stage
- Risks in Distribution Stage
- Monitor and Update the Retirement Plan
- Behavioural Bias in Decision Making
Chapter – 4 : Retirement Planning Products: National Pension System
- National Pension System
- Working of NPS
- Subscribing to the NPS
- Investing in the NPS
- Tax aspects of subscribing to the NPS
Chapter – 5 : Evaluating Fund Performance and Fund Selection
- Return on Investment
- Different types of return calculations
- Measures of risk in an investment
- Performance Evaluation
- Matching investor’s retirement needs to product
Chapter – 6 :Other Investment Products
- Mandatory Retirement Benefit Schemes
- Voluntary Retirement Products
Chapter – 7 : Retirement Planning Strategies
- Bridging Shortfall in Retirement Corpus
- Periodic Investments
- Retirement Income from Multiple Sources
- Bucket Strategy
- Tax Advantages in Different Stages of Retirement
- Automating Investments
Chapter – 8 : Special Situations in Retirement
- Debt Obligations in Retirement
- Documents for Effective Retirement Planning
Chapter – 9 : Regulations and Regulators
- Indian Regulatory System
- Role of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)
- Role of Regulators
- Regulations for Retirement Advisers
- Ethics beyond Regulations
- Subscriber Grievance Redressal Mechanism