Commodities Market Overview
The aim of this module is to provide beginners as well as the dealers with both theoretical and applied knowledge pertaining to commodities trading. The module is beneficial for those who wish to pursue careers in brokerage firms dealing in commodity derivatives. This module has been developed jointly by NSE and NCDEX.
Who will benefit Commodities market course?
- Commodity Market Dealers
- Employees of BPO/IT Companies
- Anybody having interest in the Commodities Market
Why should one take this course?
- To understand the difference between commodity and financial derivatives.
- To know the usage of commodity futures.
- To understand the pricing mechanism of commodity futures.
- To learn about the NCDEX trading platform, clearing and settlement operations.
- To know the regulatory framework and taxation aspects of the commodities market
Commodities Market Fees
Module Fees GST @ 18% Total Fees 1800 324 2124
Total Fees : Rs.2124/- (Rupees Two Thousand and Six Only). inclusive of GST.
About Commodities Market
A commodity market is a market that trades in the primary economic sector rather than manufactured products. Soft commodities are agricultural products such as wheat, coffee, cocoa, fruit, and sugar. Hard commodities are mined, such as gold and oil.Investors access to 50 major commodity markets worldwide with purely financial transactions increasingly outnumbering physical trades in which goods are delivered. Futures contracts are the oldest way of investing in commodities. Futures are secured by physical assets.Commodity markets can include physical trading and derivatives trading using spot prices, forwards, futures, and options on futures. Farmers have used a simple form of derivative trading in the commodity market for centuries for price risk management
Our Training Features
Top Notch Faculty
Free Demo For beginners
Commodities Market Syllabus
CHAPTER 1: Introduction to Derivatives
- Introduction to Derivatives;
- Participants and functions;
- E exchange–traded versus OTC derivatives
CHAPTER: 2 Application of Futures & Options
- Types of instruments (future, options)-Basics and Payoffs;
- Pricing commodity derivatives;
- Speculation and Arbitrage
CHAPTER 3: Commodity Derivatives
- Difference between commodity and financial derivatives;
- Global and Indian commodities exchanges;
- Evolution of commodity market in India.
CHAPTER 4: NCDEX Platform
- Structure of NCDEX;
- Exchange membership;
- Capital requirements;
- commodities traded on NCDEX platform;
- Instruments available for trading;
- Pricing of commodity futures;
- Settlement and Risk Management;
- Use of commodity futures in hedging,
- Speculation and arbitrage.
CHAPTER 5: Regulatory Framework & Taxation aspect
- Rules governing commodity derivatives exchanges;
- Invest for grievances and arbitration,
- Implications of sales tax.